Support Our Work
The best way to get involved in our work is to sign up for our email list (2 messages a week, tops!), so you can stay in the loop about all the excellent stuff we’ve got going on – and figure out where you want to plug in!
We’re always grateful for any financial support you’re able to send our way. But there are many more ways to help support a social change agenda developed by homeless people.
If you work with a school or organization or house of worship, and you’d like a speaker from Picture the Homeless to make a presentation for your community, call 646-314-6423 and ask for Sam.
If you’re a journalist, and you want to speak with the REAL experts on homelessness and housing and unconstitutional police practices, contact Sam J. Miller (646-314-6423 – [email protected]) and he’ll connect you with the best people.
If you want to volunteer your time and skills and expertise, click here.
Click here to follow us across our many different social media channels.
If you’re homeless….
Become a Member!
Membership at Picture the Homeless is open to all currently- and formerly-homeless people. As a member, you will:
- BELONG to an inspiring and powerful group that HAS YOUR BACK in a crisis
- CONFRONT bureaucrats and other decision-makers, and demand ACTION
- SHOW the world the real story about homelessness, by speaking to high school and university classrooms, churches, and others
- GET ACCESS to computers and internet in the office
- REPRESENT the organization on out-of-town trips
- NETWORK with other groups doing exciting work on issues that are important to you
- LEARN how the system works by building relationships with other folks who have been through it already
- FIX the problems you’re dealing with
- MAKE new friends
- LEARN skills like public speaking, running a meeting, grass roots research, fundraising
- ORGANIZE your friends and neighbors into a powerful force for CHANGE!
For additional information or to get involved, call us any time! 646-314-6423