Become A Member
Fighting Police Harassment?
Holding Politicians Accountable?
Taking Back the City?
Telling THE TRUTH About Homelessness?
We’re Doing It…
BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Membership at Picture the Homeless is open to all currently- and formerly-homeless people. As a member, you will:
- BELONG to an inspiring and powerful group that HAS YOUR BACK in a crisis
- CONFRONT bureaucrats and other decision-makers, and demand ACTION
- SHOW the world the real story about homelessness, by speaking to high school and university classrooms, churches, and others
- GET ACCESS to computers and internet in the office
- REPRESENT the organization on out-of-town trips
- NETWORK with other groups doing exciting work on issues that are important to you
- LEARN how the system works by building relationships with other folks who have been through it already
- FIX the problems you’re dealing with
- MAKE new friends
- LEARN skills like public speaking, running a meeting, grass roots research, fundraising
- ORGANIZE your friends and neighbors into a powerful force for CHANGE!